Real Estate during a Pandemic: COVID-19
Thursday Apr 16th, 2020Share
Trading Real Estate is an "Essential Service" but it’s definitely not business as usual.
I thoroughly enjoy being face-to-face with my clients. However, considering the severity of COVID-19, we must all do our part to socially distance and stop the spread of this virus. This is forcing our industry to go virtual at every opportunity.
So, what does this mean?
- Public, In person, Open houses are prohibited.
- Virtual Open Houses and Tours.
- Electronic signature software.
- Electronic money transfers.
- Liability waivers, protecting everyone.
- Buyers: We’ll do as much research as possible before actually visiting the home. This includes video calls together to dissect the property and market analysis. Ideally, we’ll schedule viewings only for those properties you’re prepared to offer on. Unfortunately, this is not a time for “window shopping”. check this out
- Sellers: We’ll do our very best to showcase all aspects of the property, leaving little to question. This is where really cool software comes in. Brands like iGuide and Matterport create really engaging and detailed tours. Pricing the property competitively is crucial. Provide gloves and/or sanitizer at the front entrance. Open all doors where possible - limiting the amount of contact.
Do you have questions? I’m happy to help! Email me